Saturday, December 1, 2018

I am officially running for VP of USSF



Usually an announcement like this is accompanied by a formal Press Release written by some PR firm or another. I don't really think that is what is needed from me. 

5 years ago, if you would have asked me "Hey Chris, what are the odds that you will run for USSF Vice President in 2019"? I would have laughed... you would have laughed... we would have laughed together. The notion that I would be trying to be one of the leaders of soccer in this nation would have been hilarious. 

Here we are though. 

Every step of my time as a player, my growth as a coach, start of being an educator, and my reluctant acceptance of roles as a leader at the club, league, and state level in this game has led me to here. I have included my request for letters of nomination from the leadership of members of the USSF National Council and the Athlete Council. 

Thank you all for your support and I hope to be able to continue to articulate my positions on how the USSF can improve the game we all love in this country. 

Thank you,
Chris Kessell





1 comment:

  1. Hi Chris, thanks for doing this! How can people support your candidacy?

    You mentioned writing letters of support. Who is eligible to do that, do you need letters from people within USSF/youth coaching/pro soccer, or would it also help to have letters from fans and other outsiders?

    Who should the letters be addressed to? What is the deadline?

    Where should the letters be sent? Will you collect them yourself and then send them in as a nomination packet?

    Good luck!

    ReplyDelete